Thread: Minolta Magicolor 2300 DL Fatal error code 17H

Posted by REY on 02/17/2004
    i need to know how to clear this error and what causes , thanks in advance ..
    We have created this user to selectively move posts from The Copier Network to provide continuity.

Posted by Bazal on 02/18/2004
    The toner rack is not rotating
    check your email for manual page
    We have created this user to selectively move posts from The Copier Network to provide continuity.

Re: Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 DL Fatal error code 17H
    Posted by REY on 02/18/2004
    thanks

Posted by Fred on 08/23/2004
    I am receiving the same error message.
    Please email me the manual page for the 2300 DL.
    Thanks,
    Fred

I have the same error too. Can you send me the manual page as well? Thx.

Re: Minolta Magicolor 2300 DL Fatal error code 17H
    Posted by Terry on 09/26/2004
    I have sent email to the USA site and am waiting for a response.
    The book doesn't tell you anything about toner replacement and I didn't realise that there is a rotating drum containing all four toners. I mixed up the colours..Black,Yellow,Magenta, Blue in clockwise order.
    The drum seems not to position itself properly and consequently you have a job getting the toner in and out.

Posted by Chris on 11/11/2004
    Any chance you could forward that to me as well? Same problem here...
    Thanks!
    Chris

This service manual is available for purchase on my site at:

http://www.manuals4you.com

contact me for details

Want to fix something?
    http://www.manuals4you.com

Hoi,

I have the same problem, will you send me the manual

Greetings

René

I had this message 17H after unpacking the Magicolor 2300 W.

Here's the step by step way to fix it, done with the help of an online technician on the phone.

Cause : one of the toner cartridges was unproperly installed in factory, or went loose during transport, so the whole toner rack is out of synch.

Solution : manually take out and reinstall ALL cartridges and reboot.
    Time : 10 mins

IMPORTANT 1 : turn off the printer and UNPLUG it as you need to "erase" the error from its memory.
    IMPORTANT 2 : this is a manual intervention, byp*ssing the electronic-*ssisted way to replace cartridges. As such, there's a risk to damage the unit.
    IT'S YOUR CALL

How (you need to use the printer parts'names in the small manual):

1. Take out the waste toner bottle.
    2. Release the transfer unit release blue lever clockwise to upper position (11:00)
    3. Pull out the OPC drum cartridge and hide it in a box away from ambiant light
    4. Now the fun part....
    5. The toner cartridges are to be pulled out through the oval hole in the upper left corner. PLACEMENT IS CRITICAL.
    Chances are there's not a cartridge ready to be pulled out as the rack is out-synch, u probably see 2 cartridges through the hole.
    You need to manually rotate the rack for each cartridge BUT YOU MUST ACTIVATE ITS FREE-WHEELING FOR THAT.
    DON'T FORCE THE ROTATION, YOU CAN DAMAGE THE UNIT.
    6. About 1 inch to the left of the hole, there is a tiny rectangular hole with a circle button inside.
    Use a flat screwdriver to push this button about 1 inch inside and hold it there.
    (You know you're doing well if you can rotate the rack with one finger, almost like a bike's wheel...)
    Then you can manually rotate the rack and take out each cartridge. AGAIN PLACEMENT IS CRITICAL, DON'T TRY AND FORCE OUT THE CARTRIDGE.
    7. Take out all 4 cartridges.
    8. Put them all back again, make sure you respect the color code (ie. C cartdrige is C slot, etc.)
    9. Put back OPC Drum, etc.
    10. Plug the printer and restart it.

That worked for me, the blue cartridge was indeed loose, no more 17H.

Best regards,

Taipan

This message was edited by taipan on 6-3-05 @ 2:52 AM